By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Local SEO Keyword Placement Question

L

LexBur151

Hello all. I'm working on writing a website for a client from scratch, and I was hoping that the brain boxes on this forum could help me with a keyword conundrum.

The structure of the site is as follows:
- services (category page)
- boiler installations (collection)
-underfloor heating (collection)
-unvented hot water systems (collection)

The client wants a local SEO keyword strategy. So I'm implementing location keywords in the H2 and H3 titles like 'boiler installations Birmingham', and then using general keywords in the body of the text.

When it comes to the services page and the landing page, I want to outline the 'boiler installation', 'underfloor heating', and 'unvented hot water systems' services, without using the same keywords and detracting from the authority of the collection page. My first thought was to keep the higher volume keywords, such as 'boiler installation Birmingham', for the actual collection page, and use the lower volume keywords like 'combi boiler installation Birmingham' for the services page. But then the nature of these keywords means that the frequencies are quite low... does this sound like a good idea? How would you approach this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!

KeywordVolumeKDFrequency
boiler installation Birmingham
210​
51.88​
new boiler installation Birmingham
40​
NA
combi boiler installation Birmingham
10​
NA

Subhodip

Subhodip

Established Memeber
If you are optimising for local SEO, then "Near Me" and "Location-Based" keywords will play a big role. Also, maintain proper keyword density and distribute all of them properly. After optimising your content you have to think about off-page SEO. Add your business with "Google My Business" and create some relevant local listing which will help to boost your ranking and traffic too. One more thing, do not ignore long-tail keywords.

deanbraiden

deanbraiden

Your keyword selection procedure would be optimized based on relevancy and content intent. Then apply lots of LSI version keywords instead of main keywords. Also, Focus on location-based. Creat local schema to get better local results in the SERP. Add Your business in the local directory like yelp and more. Add your business on "Google My Business" and "Bing Local Place" in an optimized way. You should follow these keypoints when researching keywords.
8-Key-Points-When-Researching-SEO-Keywords.jpg

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: