By using seoforum’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the best UK dedicated SEO Forum

Provide or get advice on everything SEO, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love SEO and Online Marketing.

Join 50,000 members!

Local seo question

C

calog

I run a local service company serving customers from my premises, also making home visits, and my website is showing in google search in local maps. I have been in the area for 2 years.

I want to add nearby surrounding areas to my website for results to appear when people search in their area, for home visits only.

My question is about the way I should, or the best way to go about doing this through my website. Should i add the additional area names to home page? or should I create individual webpages for them?

I should say that at my previous location, I tried the individual page method; the pages appeared in google search results on first page, then disappeared shortly afterwards - I may have added too many pages or fallen foul of something which I was unaware of.

I would be grateful for any advice around this method as well as any pitfalls to watch out for.

thanks in advance.

WebWhip

WebWhip

Established Memeber
Considering your previous experience, I suggest incorporating the nearby areas organically into your existing home page content to avoid potential penalties.

Create dedicated sections for each area with relevant keywords. Ensure consistent NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) across the site. Emphasize user-friendly, informative content while adhering to SEO best practices.

Regularly monitor Google's algorithm updates, avoiding over-optimization and low-quality content. Focus on building high-quality backlinks and encouraging positive customer reviews. Maintaining a balance between website optimization and user experience is crucial.

Cheers!

Latest Products

• [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    [Rivmedia] Lazy Loader XF2
    Load images asynchronously on your forum, allowing images to be loaded only when they are in view
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    [Rivmedia] Guest Redirect & Profile unlink
    Forums which prevent member profile access for guests, redirction and unlinking for profiles
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    [Rivmedia] Simple Redirects
    Simple redirects allows forum admins to make simple 301 or 302 redirects via their admin panel
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated:
  • [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    [Rivmedia] Minimum Message Length
    Eradicate short, pointless posts with a minimum message length and improving content worth on a thre
    • Rivmedia
    • Updated: